Your air conditioning system is a complex piece of equipment, and it has a hard job to perform. This is especially true here in Rockwall, Texas, as the summers can get sweltering. As such, air conditioner tune-ups are essential in making sure your HVAC unit is at peak operating efficiency for when those dreadfully high temperatures roll in. But what exactly are air conditioner tune-ups, and why are they so important? In this post, our Rockwall air conditioning service professionals at Lyons Air & Heat will answer those questions and more.
What is an Air Conditioner Tune-Up?
Some folks seem to think “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” However, what people most regret in the long run is that by not servicing their AC unit, they run into major repairs or even have to prematurely replace the HVAC unit entirely which could cost thousands upon thousands of dollars. Think of it this way: just like your vehicle needs regular maintenance, so does your home’s HVAC system.
An air conditioner tune-up is essentially the inspection, cleaning, and adjustment of air conditioning equipment. A Wylie HVAC service technician will come to your home or business and take a close look at your equipment, perform a detailed inspection, fix any potential issues, and clean the unit to make sure it remains at peak operating condition for the upcoming season.
Why a Spring A/C Tune-Up?
Here in Rockwall County, summer temperatures can reach up to 110 degrees Fahrenheit. And with high humidity, it can often feel much hotter than that! Don’t wait until summer arrives to have your system checked out. Yearly maintenance will ensure you avoid the longer waits and higher fees for services required during peak summer demand.
Benefits of AC Tune-Ups
There are a number of benefits that come with receiving regular air conditioner maintenance. For one, it allows your HVAC technician to catch small problems before they turn into larger, more expensive problems. Other benefits include:
- Increased Energy Efficiency: Maintaining your AC unit means you use less energy to get the same amount of comfort. This is both great for the environment and your AC unit.
- Lower Energy Bill: Less energy consumption also means lower energy bills, so you get more bang for your buck!
- Increased Comfort: When you receive a spring AC tune-up, you ensure your system is ready to go for the coming summer season.
- Increased Lifespan: Not only will a spring tune-up of your home’s A/C system ensure you and your family’s comfort during the warm months ahead, but it can also extend the life of the unit by up to 15 years versus the 7-year life span of a unit left ignored.
- Fewer Repairs: When air conditioners receive regular service, they are far less likely to break down unexpectedly, so you’ll require less frequent repair service.
What Takes Place During an AC Tune-Up?
Now that you know the importance of an AC tune-up, you may be wondering what exactly takes place during a tune-up. A Lyons precision tune-up specialist from our HVAC company will clean and replace air filters if needed, monitor the amps/volts on the system fan motor, lubricate and inspect all moving parts, inspect coils, safety devices and the disconnect box, and we’ll tighten all electrical connections. We’ll also inspect the fan blades, clean the condenser coil and remove debris, and clean debris from all around the condenser. We’ll check your compressor for proper amperage and volt draw, leaks, and AC system wiring connections, as well.
This very comprehensive service will only take about 30 minutes to an hour to complete. We have technicians standing by and ready to serve, so give us a call today to schedule your spring tune-up.
Ask About Our Annual Air Conditioner Maintenance Plan
We know that remembering to schedule AC maintenance can be a task, which is why we are proud to offer our annual HVAC maintenance plan, the Cool Club! You can be certain that you will remember to keep up with your yearly AC tune-up in the future by joining the Cool Club right away. We’ll assist you in keeping track of when your annual AC tune-up is due and schedule a prompt service session to inspect your air conditioning system as you prepare for the height of the heating and cooling season.
Some of the many benefits you’ll receive when you sign up for the Cool Club include:
- Priority service
- Priority scheduling
- Precision tune-up twice a year (one for heating and one for cooling)
- Your heating and cooling systems will be cleaned, adjusted, and checked for proper operation
- Heating and air conditioning unit safety checks
- Code compliance checks
- Professional maintenance tasks
- Free filter replacements
- Recommendations for furnace or air conditioner system repairs
- Recommendations for system replacement
- Special discounts on HVAC system repairs
- No overtime or after-hours charges
Call Lyons Air & Heat to Schedule Your AC Tune-Up Today
Don’t delay, summer is right around the corner. As always, Lyons Air & Heat offers “Professional Five-Star Service with Integrity.” To learn more about the comprehensive Texas heating services and air conditioning services we offer at Lyons Air & Heat, call our experienced Rockwall HVAC technicians at (214) 432-2859 today.